TRX Suspended Reverse Crunch
If you are looking to have a strong core muscles – check this awesome move out! TRX Suspended Reverse Crunch is an exercise that keeps your core tight at all times while staying in a plank position. To get the most of this exercise keep a straight line from the neck all the way to the heels, activate your glues, quads and hamstrings. It is a fantastic overall body exercise with more emphases on the core.
To perform it correctly, follow these steps:
- Secure a set of suspension straps with the handles hanging about a foot off of the ground. Move yourself into a push-up plank position facing away from the rack.
- Place your feet into the handles. As a starting position, you should maintain a straight posture, not allowing the hips to sag.
- Begin the movement by flexing the knees and hips, drawing the knees to your torso or, to make it more challenging, raising your hips up and bringing in your legs straight.
- At the top of the controlled motion, return to the starting position.
Besides having an overall toned body and strong shoulders, this exercise helps you to build a rock-solid core. Having a strong core means more than having a visible six-pack. If you want to move, feel and look better, chances are you should start with your core. That’s why TRX Suspended Reverse Crunch will help you to brace and stabilize your abs, oblique’s and lower-back so you can leverage your own bodyweight as resistance.
And here are some extra tips on exercise technique:
- You don’t want your shoulders to come too far forward of your wrists.
- It’s tempting to use your quadriceps and hip flexors for most of the effort, but try to pull from your abdominals instead.
Sounds intriguing? Give this exercise a go! If you need any help or advice, please ask our SportsDock fitness team.